Wowza. I can’t believe that February is halfway over.
This year has been pretty great so far, and I’m really looking forward to what the rest of 2015 has in store for me.
Here’s what I’ve been up to as of late! [Photos from IG; you can follow me @darciebakes, if you’re so inclined!]
01. My roommate’s friend taught us how to make baguettes one afternoon. It was very cool! Thank you, Glenn!
02. I like to buy myself fresh flowers every other week or so. I found these cheery, bright yellow daffodils at Trader Joe’s several weeks ago. They bring me joy.
03. I made vegan, gluten-free peanut butter granola. [Recipe from Minimalist Baker; I need to make it again and feature it on here soon!] It was a lovely, simple breakfast to enjoy with black coffee.
01. Recently, I had the opportunity to visit the other side of Missouri. I spent the weekend exploring Kansas City with some of my college friends. I got to do a tour of the Boulevard brewery, visit with some sweet kitties, and have lots of tasty vegan/gluten-free noms! Thank you to Emily and Dustin for allowing me to stay with them. 🙂
02. I had never been to Lush Cosmetics before. But I finally went inside of one in a Chicago suburb, and I have seen the light. One of the employees showed me several products, and even let me test some out. I will be back to get more bath bombs!
03. This, my friends, is a float from Ices Plain & Fancy in St. Louis. It’s made with nitro banana ice cream [with chocolate chunks], 4 Hands’ Milk Chocolate Peanut butter stout, and candied bacon! I’ll have to do a “Local Noms” post on this shop soon; it’s a pretty neat place!
01. On my way to Chicagoland, I had an impromptu visit with my cousin and one of my best friends, Nadia. Her mom got me a winter cap that says “MEOW” across it. Needless to say, it was a pretty spectacular visit!
02. Tattoos truly are addicting; I got this whisk added onto my #bakinghalfsleeve [it’s a thing!] a few weeks ago, and it’s pretty much healed now. I really need to write about my tattoo experiences soon.
03. This is a building in the historic neighborhood of Soulard in St. Louis. That “old world charm” and older architecture is what I really love about St. Louis. Isn’t the purple and brick just gorgeous?
What have you been up to these days? I hope 2015 is treating you well! <3
Leave a Reply