Wow woo wee wow.
I was on such a roll with this blog. And then I lost my momentum. What else is new? *sigh*
So I won’t bore you with what has been happening in my [relatively uneventful] life, but I will just say that the past two months haven’t exactly gone according to plan.
I know I should not complain about the winter weather too much – I’m fortunate that it’s not awful here in St. Louis. And I’m privileged enough to have a (relatively) warm apartment, and enough food and warm clothing. Oh yeah, and a reliable car. Even though those monthly car payments make me die a little on the inside… I know I’m so fortunate, lucky, etc. And I am definitely grateful for all of that.
But honestly. Can I just say that I am SO OVER THIS WEATHER?! I’m not one to even fall into the trap of believing that everything is always somehow “worse.” People who act as if the world has gotten sooo much worse “these days” drive me nuts. So I don’t want to go around saying that this winter has somehow been worse than any other stupid Midwest winter. But it sure feels like it’s been a long, cruel winter. And I’m honestly beyond ready for spring and summer.
Okay. Rant over. *breathes*
Here’s a summary of the month of January:
– I went to Seattle for work again. It wasn’t as fun this time, but work travel is still pretty awesome. I can’t complain too much.
– I got a fancy blender. I’ve not been this excited about a kitchen appliance since my Kitchen Aid Artisan stand mixer [in “Pistachio”] arrived last spring. I’m ready to make smoothies until I can’t stand them anymore.
– I made the cupcakes for my friend’s bridal shower. What an honor and what a huge stressor. Glad it’s over, but it was a lot of fun. I’d definitely do it again!
– I have become obsessed with making pancakes. I don’t know why. I’ve always thought of myself as more of a waffle kinda girl. But I’m addicted to these peanut butter flax oat cakes. I’ll post the recipe soon, I promise. So damn good.
– I’m in the process of applying to grad school. *squeal* More details on that once I am (hopefully) able to share.
– I’m working on organizing my post ideas so that I can actually, you know, make coherent blog posts. I just have so many thoughts swirling around in my head that it’s hard to get them organized at times. Like the saying I’ve recently come across on the Internets goes, “If you want to know what a creative person’s mind looks like, just imagine 7,284 browser tabs open. All the time.” … or something to that effect. It’s really pretty accurate.
Alright, I’m done-zo for now. Just wanted to put something out there so that you don’t lose too much faith in me yet. Thanks for sticking around – and I promise there’ll be more fun posts soon. 🙂
Life, as of late, as viewed through Hipstagram. From left to right: bridal shower cupcakes; peanut butter flax meal oat cakes; beautiful castle-y campus; and gluten-free nanner bread.
Leave a Reply